For more information please visit... www.toolOfTheUniverse.org    


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jasmine

"Jazzmyn" says the nametag of the cashier at the Bagel place. Jazzmyn - a variation of Jasmine, I guess...

Several years ago I lived in a fire red house with a lush, green hedge around the yard. At some time every spring, I'd notice a vine grow among the hedge. And for years I would cut that vine off, try to uproot it, get rid of it. And every year it came back, tried to grow.

One year I went on a longer consulting gig. When I came back a few weeks later, the vine had started to bloom. Fine, delicate, white blossoms dotted the green hedge, like stars in the night sky! As I exited the car, I was engulfed in sweet, gentle fragrance...

Years later, I learned that this vine most likely was Jasmine.


Oh, if I could be more like my Jasmine: to continue to be nice, even when somebody cuts me back again and again; to be ready to bloom, even when I am misunderstood and not appreciated!

What else am I realizing through this memory? That I am ignorant - no matter how much I seem to know! That if I would focus less on what I think is right, less on what "I" want, but instead allow the magic to happen that is unfolding with, through and around me, my life would be much more enjoyable and amazing...


I hear you say: "Yes, but..." That's ok. These are the realizations and lessons I take away from this story. You can choose to learn from it what makes sense to you... Gone are the days of doctrine. Here is the time of sharing information, individual enlightenment and free will...


Well, there is the aire of kindness about Jazzmyn - kindness, which radiates out and touches the lives of all around - just like the fragrance of my Jasmine. The gentle and caring vibe of Jazzmyn might put a smile on people's faces around her - just like the flowers of my Jasmine might have touched the hearts of people passing by. I hope, that she will not loose her positive ways, even when she's subjected to ignorance and misunderstanding. Just like my Jasmine did not give up and eventually was able to bless the world with its fragrance and beauty...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LiZZYxPEACE said...

Jazzmyn is my girlfriend and this story touched me very much. Jazzmyn is a wonderful and delightful breath of fresh air. She brings a smile to all around her and she radiates with beauty and happiness. I love her very much and I am infused with complete joy to know she could ignite such a beautiful memory for you Sir. We often forget that it is the small things in life, such as a simple hello, that can hold so much power. I hope that Jazzmyn or myself or anyone/anything can continue to remind people why this world is so important to us. Again thank you for sharing your memory with all of us and for mentioning that it was my own Jazzmyn who inspired you, for she also inspires me.

Lizzy

August 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home