For more information please visit... www.toolOfTheUniverse.org    


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Miracles

Every so often I receive an email forwarded from this friend or another, where some super-natural miracle is described. The last of these emails was about the spirit of a dead father having taken his young children out of the car of their mother just before a bad accident and placed them into the police-car that came to the scene of the accident.
Such emails always make me ponder the topic of miracles. When I look at my own life, my own experiences, I have never witnessed any super-natural occurrence. However, I am witnessing many miracles on a daily basis. And, really, these miracles are much more wonder-ful and miraculous than any super-natural happening could ever be. It is just that we are so used to these miracles, that we don't notice them as such any more. We take them for granted. We don't see it as a reminder of how beautiful the Universe is, and how wonderful it all works – without the need for super-natural intervention. In our quest to find God, hope, and fulfillment we are inventing and enjoying made-up miracles, missing all the real miracles that are all around us.
I thought, I list here a few of the ones I see, in the hope it will help you start seeing those and many more again as what they are: the great miracles in our lives!
Imagine, if we could build a car, that starts of as a matchbox car. Over time it grows and gets bigger and bigger, until it reaches the size of a regular full-size car, which provides transportation services for people and their goods. Imagine, further, that whenever this car gets a scratch or a dent, it fixes itself – totally without our help and intervention. Well, even the tires don't wear off! Instead, while the outer layers of the tread is wearing off, the lower layers of the tire rebuild it, on the fly! No tire-rotating necessary. No changing of tires needed. But now, the best of all: Imagine, this car has a mini factory integrated into it, where little matchbox cars are produced, which over time themselves become fully grown regular-sized cars! Now how miraculous would such a car be? Well, obviously, you are such a car. And I am. Just still much more magical. So amazingly full of wonder, that even the most knowledgeable researchers and doctors will never be able to completely understand how all our features and functionality works.
I travel a lot. And sometimes, I am lost, or I find myself in a tough spot. The prayer for God to help me is usually always answered. Not by a blond woman in a long white nighty floating down from the clouds (this is how angels were depicted in my religious education books at primary school). Not by some thing or myself just disappearing into thin air. Neither by a lightning out of the blue sky, that would make stuff go away, or fix a situation. Usually, what ends up providing help to me are other people. Sometimes, they choose to offer their help, sometimes they help without even noticing or intending it. The Universe is using us people to help each other out. What a wonderful miracle, that the right persons are in the right place at the right time to fulfill the prayer of another person!
Often, too, it is things I learned previously in my life, that provides the ideas, knowledge, and wisdom to solve a problem. In other words, the Universe had placed me into situations where I was able to learn what I now need. Now, how magical is that?!?!
Another thought: Imagine, if you wanted to provide a toy for your little kids that is easy enough to use, that they can use it even when they don't know much at all of it. And, as they grow, that toy can be used in more and more complex ways to accomplish more and more complex tasks. So, that same toy can be a simple spoon that allows the kid to eat, and it can be a starship, that allows the kid to fly to the moon and back home. Well, such a toy surely is a miracle, isn't it? Well, this world is just such a toy! It provided for us what we needed while we where still cave-people. And it allows us to build a remote-controlled dune-buggy to collect rock-samples from Mars.
Alright. How about that: If there was a rock that rises into the air, and without falling down moves around, and later comes back down right in your front-yard. Now that surely must be a miracle! Right? Especially if this item is taller than your house, hundreds of feet long, and can hold people inside, safely carrying them around! Hm. The Universe not just makes this miracle happen every day hundreds of times. It gets even more miraculous! This all is not just done by super-natural force by the Universe itself, through outside intervention. No, the Universe has given us enough brain to understand some of the rules in this world well enough, that WE can make this miracle happen!
One final thought: if I was God, and I created this world – making things disappear into thin air and reappear somewhere else would be no difficulty at all. Making everything work by itself, without my crude intervention, now that I find is real greatness! A system, that does not need outside intervention, that, to me, is the greatest miracle of all!
I hope, these thoughts help you realize again that live as it is, is full of miracles. And I hope that you will be inspired to be a miracle yourself – the best miracle you can be! Mahatma Gandhi said: “Let us become the change we would like to see in the world!” It is really up to us alone to cause the change we would like to see. There is no super-natural power fixing the mess we are making. We have been given the talent and ability to fix it, if we want to. But we have to do it ourselves. We have to be the miracles that make this world a better place...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home