For more information please visit... www.toolOfTheUniverse.org    


Sunday, January 25, 2009

You Say: I can't go on

Imagine you're trying to visit a friend, who lives in another city. You're driving around the city trying to find the place where he lives. And after a while of driving, you end up in a dead-end street. You can't go on anymore. Obviously, sitting in the car, and revving the engine would turn the dead-end street into a through street. All that would do is burn fuel for nothing, and after a while your tank would be empty. You would have no more energy to drive anywhere.
What would you do in that situation. Well, of course, you would just turn around, and try a different street.
In life it is often similar. We reach a point where we feel we can't go on anymore. However, what we mean is not that! What we really mean is, we can't go on like this. If I say I can't go on, it leaves me with no alternative. If I say, I can't go on like this, the way out is obvious: don't continue “like this” but do something different, change something.
In our analogy, if you're out of gas from driving around so much. What would you do? I would park the car, walk to the next gas-station and buy myself some gas. I would also buy a map. I'd try to find out where I am, and where I have to go on the map. I might even ask the gas-station attendant for help.
The gas-station attendant would not drive you where you need to go – it is her/his task to attend the gas-station so people can fill up on energy. You would have to drive yourself, of course.
In life it is similar. And I think you are doing just that right now: you came to this site to find energy to continue on, and to find a map that would help you find out where you are and where you want to go. I am your gas-station attendant, and I am happy to help you by providing information. You can ask questions, I'll explain what I know about this city. I can help you identify where you are, and how you can get to where you want to go. But you have to do it yourself. You have to go back to your car, turn it around, and start driving in another direction. You can decide yourself if you want to follow the advice I gave you, or try something different. What's important is that you stop revving your engine trying to turn a dead-end street into a through-way – this doesn't get you anywhere except to the point where your car is dead, and you have to walk.
Oh, by the way, remember, that you need not stay with your car. You can get out and start walking. You can hop on a bus, or the sub-way. There are many modes of transportation that get you to where you are heading.
In your life it is the same. There are always options. If you don't see any, it is usually because you are not allowing yourself to see them. You are focusing on the end of the road in front of you, and don't want it to be true. But the Universe wants you to go somewhere else. Allow yourself to look around, to see all the options that exist, and embrace the change...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home